Online Services in IndianaPage Overview
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Indiana Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Indiana Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Related Content
- Provide Feedback
The Hospitality State of Indiana treats its residents right with online driver and vehicle services. Read on for a list of options to save yourself an unnecessary trip to your local licensing agency.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby IN BMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Schedule an appointment with one of the BMV's 73 branch offices.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your Indiana driver's license.
- Apply for a duplicate Indiana drivers license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Update your mailing address with the Indiana BMV.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Schedule a skills test online (Indiana residents only).
- Schedule a skills test online (new residents only).
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Enroll in a Motorcycle Operator Safety Education Program.
- Enroll in an Indiana Boater Safety Education Course.
- Take an IN drivers license practice test.
- Take an IN drivers permit practice test.
- Take an IN commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take an IN motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study an Indiana Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in an Indiana traffic school course to enhance your driving skills and possibly avoid a traffic ticket or car accident.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Indiana.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby IN BMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Schedule an appointment with one of the BMV's branch offices.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Indiana. You can also register a new vehicle online if you purchased it within the last 45 days and the title has been submitted to the BMV.
- Renew your IN vehicle registration online.
- Track the status of your recent vehicle registration renewal.
- View your vehicle registration renewal notice online.
- Order a duplicate vehicle registration certificate online.
- View past vehicle registration transactions.
- Replace a lost or damaged car title or registration.
- View your vehicle title online.
- Obtain an Indiana license plate.
- Estimate the cost of your license plates.
- Order specialty license plates online.
- Learn more on IN smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Update your car insurance information online with the state.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Indiana that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.