Online Services in Indiana
The Hospitality State of Indiana treats its residents right with online driver and vehicle services. Read on for a list of options to save yourself an unnecessary trip to your local licensing agency.
Online Indiana Vehicle Services
Thanks to the online services offered by the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) and separate third parties, you can now accomplish many vehicle-related tasks without leaving home. From renewing your registration to choosing an insurance provider, take advantage of various resources offering online assistance.
Indiana BMV Vehicle Services
Using the IN Bureau of Motor Vehicles' online services, you can do the following from home:
- Vehicle registration:
- View your registration history.
- Register a new vehicle.
- Order a replacement title.
- Check the status of your registration renewal.
Private Vendor Vehicle Services
You can use the services offered by a private vendor to complete the following vehicle-related tasks:
- Find auto insurance.
- With the help of a third party, compare all of the car insurance options in your area.
- Get motorcycle insurance.
- Find a provider that's right for your bike and budget by comparing motorcycle insurance providers in your area.
- Order a VIN check.
- Buy an extended warranty.
- For added peace of mind, consider investing in an extended warranty for your vehicle after the original has expired.
IN Record & License Assistance
Whether you need to renew your license or run a background check, many of your Indiana license and record needs can now be fulfilled online. Depending on the service you need and how soon you'd like results, you might choose to either go through the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles OR a third-party company.
Indiana BMV Online Services
With few exceptions (as indicated) the IN BMV has online services that can help you with license and record requests for:
- Driver license:
- Personal driving records.
- License reinstatement payment.
- Official change of address.
- Vital records (through the Indiana State Department of Health).
- Court records (via the Division of State Court Administration).
Third Party License and Record Services
A third party can give you quick and customer-friendly assistance when requesting:
- Official name change.
- A private vendor will make sure your name's officially changed across several government databases with just a single request.
- Rushed passport.
- If you're taking a last-minute trip out of the country, make sure you get your passport in time by requesting it through a third-party vendor.
- International Driver Permit (IDP).
- When you're driving in another country, you should have an IDP so that foreign authorities can understand your driving credentials.
- Vital records.
- A third party is your one-stop-shop for requesting all types of Indiana vital records (birth, death, marriage, divorce).
- Court records.
- By going through a private company, you won't have to deal with the hassles of state agencies when requesting court records.
- Background checks.
- Protect your business and yourself by running background checks on anyone you're thinking about hiring.
- Driving records.
- For quick and easy access to professional and personal driving records, consider asking for them through a private company.
Online Indiana Driver's Ed Services
Passing your license tests and taking points off of your record has never been easier, thanks to the advent of technology. You can take advantage of the following driver's education products without leaving home:
- Driver's permit and license:
- Online license test prep courses for:
- Defensive driving classes and traffic school.
- Practice tests and cheat sheets for:
- Boater education courses.
IN Traffic Ticket & Legal Resources
While sorting out legal and traffic ticket issues, make your life a little easier by utilizing the online services available to you.
The IN Division of State Court Administration now allows you to pay your traffic tickets online.
A third-party company can help you with things like:
- Hiring a traffic ticket attorney.
- For your best chances at beating a traffic ticket, make sure you've chosen the most competent representation to be by your side.
- Identity theft protection.
- Our personal information becomes more and more vulnerable as technology advances. Investing in a comprehensive identity protection plan will ensure your finances and future are secure.
- Finding a DUI lawyer.
- When facing charges as serious as DUI, make sure you've researched the reputations and costs of attorneys in your area.
Miscellaneous Indiana Online Services
Couldn't find what you were looking for? Don't worry! Instead, take a look at the rest of the online services offered by the Indiana BMV:
- Schedule a driving skills test.
- Schedule a BMV office appointment.
- Update your vehicle insurance information.
- See the wait times at your local Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Check your eligibility for BMV fees and/or tax refunds.