Drivers in the Military in Indiana

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Service Comparison State Motor Vehicle Agency
Online Registration
Same Day Processing
E-Copy of Registration No
Next Day Delivery No
Alternate Mailing Address Requires Address Change
Phone Support No
Convenience Fee $0 $29
Learn More Do it for me

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

If you are in the military and temporarily residing outside of Indiana, you don't need to worry about your driver's license expiring.

The state gives you 90 days after your date of discharge to renew your license without any sort of penalty. Just make sure to bring your proof of discharge to the license agency. For more information about renewing your license, please see our Renewing Your License section.

Indiana also lets you renew by online. Visit the Indiana BMV website to renew your driver's license online.

If you can't renew online you may need to print a Military Extension Letter.

On the other hand, if you are just temporarily residing in the state due to military service, in order for you to not be liable for any sort of excise tax during vehicle registration, you will need to fill out an Affidavit for Military Exemption From Excise Tax (46402).

Related Content

Provide Feedback BBB Business Review

Number of Organ Donors who registered through


people in the United States need a liver transplant


people are waiting for a heart transplant.

Looking for Drivers in the Military in Another State?