Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Changing Your Address in Indiana

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    Address Change

    When you change your address, don't forget to notify the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV). You don't need to change your license, but you do need to notify BMV in writing if you move.

    The same holds true for learner's permits and state identification cards. You may also want to change your vehicle registration at the same time.

    You'll need to make the change in writing at any license agency. You'll be asked to give your Social Security number, and to provide 2 proof of residency documents.

    Name Change

    If you were recently married and changed your last name, you'll need to register the change at any license agency. Bring along the marriage certificate or application of marriage/record.


    It will cost you $10 for your new license.

    Additional Information

    If you need more information about name or address changes, try calling the central BMV at 888-692-6841.

    Other Topics in This Section
    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctor's first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More Organ Donor Myths ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸