Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost Registration in Illinois

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    You can get replacement Illinois registration papers and replacement license plates for your vehicle from your local Secretary of Stateoffice.

    You'll need to complete the Application for Vehicle Transaction, Form VSD 190, available only at the Secretary of State office or by mail (see below). This form allows you to replace your registration ID card, registration sticker, or license plate or plates.

    To ask the Secretary of State office to send you the required form by mail, just call:

    • Statewide: (800) 252-8980

    Submit the application in person at your localSecretary of Stateoffice or by mail to the following address:

    • Secretary of State
    • Vehicle Services Department
    • 501 S. 2nd St., Room 011
    • Springfield, IL 62756-6666


    The fees to replace lost registration documents are as follows:

    • Registration ID card: $3
    • One license plate: $6
    Organ Donation Survey

    Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?

    Yes No

    Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.

    Update Your Organ
    Donor Information ▸