Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost Title in Illinois

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    IL Replacing a Lost Title

    Your Illinois vehicle title proves that you own your vehicle, and you'll need this document should you ever wish to sell the car. If your title has been lost, stolen, or damaged, you may apply for a duplicate from the Illinois Secretary of State.

    To apply, complete Form VSD 190, available only at your local Secretary of Stateoffice. Be sure to bring identification and your registration certificate.

    Submit your application in person at your Secretary of Stateoffice or by mail to:

    • Secretary of State
    • Vehicle Services Department
    • 501 S. 2nd St., Room 014
    • Springfield, IL 62756


    A duplicate title costs $95. This fee does not include any registration fees or taxes that may be due when you apply.

    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctor's first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More Organ Donor Myths ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸