DMV Practice Tests in Illinois
Are You Nervous About Taking Your Drivers Test?
You don't have to be. With our practice tests and cheat sheets, you can study the tests online and even in line while you're at the DMV!
By utilizing practice tests, you can increase the chance of passing your Illinois driver's license written test on your very first try. Several practice tests and resources are available to you, no matter what type or permit or license you need.
Getting an IL driver's license can be a very big deal. In order to get an Illinois driver's license, new teen and adult drivers must pass a written exam. Going into your exam, you will want to be as ready as possible to score high.
Several practice tests are available for you to utilize as you prepare to pass the DMV written exam. Keep reading to learn more about DMV practice tests in Illinois.
DMV Practice Tests in Illinois
The following is a list of practice tests available in Illinois and a brief description of each:
- Learner's Permit – You can find practice tests online to help you prepare for your learner's permit written exam.
- In order to get a learner's permit, teens must be enrolled in a driver's education course and pass a written exam.
- Driver's License – Want to pass the written test for your Illinois driver's license? These online practice tests will give you a solid idea of what to expect on test day.
- Motorcycle License – You will need to take a written test separate from your driver's license written test in order to get a motorcycle driver's license.
- Road Signs – The DL written exam will test your knowledge on road signs and their meanings. Use this practice test to help you remember the meanings of Illinois street signs.
- Spanish language (Examen De Practica Para La Licencia) – Practice tests are available for Spanish-speaking drivers.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) – For those who wish to start their careers as commercial drivers, CDL practice tests go over rules specific to commercial vehicles.
- CDL Endorsements – Some CDL drivers will have to obtain certain endorsements based on what it is they transport. These practice tests will get you ready for various endorsement exams.
The IL driver's manual is a great place to start your test preparation. After all, the written test is based on information that is all in the driver's manual. However, it can be time-consuming to go through the entire manual.
Another great resource is a DMV Study Guide. These study guides condense the driver's manual into easy-to-browse and easy-to-understand informational guides. You can use these on your smartphones and tablets, and you can even print them and take them with you to the DMV.
About the Illinois Written Driver's License Exam
The Illinois basic written exam will test your knowledge on the following:
- Traffic signs.
- Pavement markings.
- Traffic laws.
- Safety rules.
- Crash prevention.
- Vehicle equipment.
Practice exams will help you sharpen your knowledge of each of these subject matters.
The standard license written test contains 35 questions, including the following:
- 15 questions on road sign identification.
- 20 questions that are multiple choice or true/false.
The following are samples of questions you can expect to see:
What is the only effective way of removing alcohol from the body?
If a traffic light shows both a red light and a green arrow, a driver may turn in the direction of the green arrow.
Drivers do not need to allow the same amount of distance when following a motorcycle as when following a car.
Several more questions will be available for you to review and master on your practice test.
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet