Online Services in Illinois
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Illinois Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Illinois Commercial Drivers License Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Illinois Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Ready to hit the town, and all that jazz? Then consider using Illinois's online driver and vehicle services. Below you'll find a full list of online options so you don't have to spend all your time standing in line.
Online Driver Services:
Typically, driver services are handled through the Illinois Secretary of State (SOS). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby IL SOS office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your IL driver's license online (you must qualify to use this renewal option).
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Order a driving record.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Notify the SOS of an address change to guarantee receiving renewal notifications in the mail.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
Illinois Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take an IL drivers license practice test.
- Take an IL drivers permit practice test.
- Take an IL commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take an IL motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study an Illinois Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in an Illinois traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
Illinois Commercial Drivers License Services
- Make a commercial driver's license appointment.
- Renew your International Registration Plan (IRP).
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings.
Reports and Records for Individuals
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Other Illinois Online Services
Online Vehicle Services:
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Illinois Secretary of State. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby IL SOS office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Check the status of your title and/or registration.
- Apply for an electronic registration and title (this also includes submitting information for a corrected title).
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Illinois.
- Renew your vehicle registration online.
- Submit a registration refund request.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Renew your boat registration.
- Obtain an Illinois license plate.
- Learn more on IL smog check and emissions testing requirements.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Vehicle Insurance Services
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Illinois that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.