- Location: Illinois
Forms in IllinoisCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Virtually every aspect of driver licensing or vehicle registration in Illinois requires one or more forms to be filled out. Fortunately, the Secretary of State's departments of driver and vehicle services have made a number of common forms available online. You can fill them out before you head to a driver services office, helping to ensure that you've got all the information and documents you need before standing in line.
There are also a number of informative publications available online that explain certain topics in detail. These publications can help guide you through some of the more complicated official processes that you'll inevitably encounter as a driver or a vehicle owner.
Here is a selection of what the most common forms and publications are and where you can find them online.
Unfortunately, the driver's license application form itself isn't available online, but information is provided here to help you fill it out when you appear in person. You can, however, find other forms and information booklets here related to applying for an Illinois driver's license, a commercial driver's license (CDL), or an ID card. Here is a selection:
- Applying for an Illinois Drivers License or ID Card
- Illinois Graduated Driver Licensing System: Graduate to Safety
- Protect Your Identity (if your driver's license or ID card is lost or stolen)
- Commercial Driver's License Study Guide
- DUI Fact Book
- DUI: The Sobering Truth
- Use It & Lose It: The War on Drunk Driving
These forms and information are primarily related to reinstating licenses after they have been suspended or revoked:
- Record of Unsatisfied Judgement
- Driver Services Reinstatement Locations
- Formal Hearing Request Form
- Medical Report Form
- Road to Reinstatement: Restoring Your Driving Privileges
Although the form for applying for a title and registration isn't available online, a wide variety of other registration and title related forms are found here. These include:
- Duplicate and Corrected Titles
- Certificate of Purchase
- Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Affirmation of Non-Receipt of Title
- Fact Sheet: Correcting Title & Registration
- Junk Vehicle Bill of Sale
- Power of Attorney
This section combines forms for vanity (personalized) plates with applications for disabled persons placards and other license plates. There are also a few registration-related forms. A sampling:
- Affirmation for Pearl Harbor Survivor License Plates
- Environmental License Plate Program
- Persons with Disabilities Certification for Plates or Parking Placard
- Vehicle Registration and/or Title Revocation Request
- Mandatory Insurance: Drive on the Right Side of the Law
- Affidavit for Termination of Suspension
- Record of Unsatisfied Judgement
Most of the Illinois motor vehicle and driver's license forms are downloadable in the Adobe PDF file format. If you don't already have it on your computer, you may download a free copy of the Adobe Reader software so you can view, save, and print these forms.
When printing out forms, unless the form itself instructs you otherwise, use standard-size 8 1/2" by 11" plain white paper. Since it can be hard to print forms correctly the first time through, you may need to print a few extra copies until they come out right.
You may pick up hard copies of these forms at any Illinois motor vehicle and driver services office. If the form you need is an uncommon one, you may want to call ahead to make sure they have it on hand before you stop in. In most cases, the office will also send you forms by mail if you call to request them.
Are you interested in becoming (or are you already) a motor vehicle dealer? We also provide a list of downloadable dealer forms.Articles