DMV Forms in Illinois
Virtually every aspect of driver licensing or vehicle registration in Illinois requires one or more forms to be filled out. Fortunately, the Secretary of State's driver and vehicle services departments have made a number of common forms available online. You can fill them out before you head to a driver services office, helping to ensure that you've got all the information and documents you need before standing in line.
There are also a number of informative publications available online that explain certain topics in detail. These publications can help guide you through some of the more complicated official processes that you'll inevitably encounter as a driver or a vehicle owner.
Here is a selection of the most common forms and publications and where you can find them online.
Unfortunately, the driver's license application form itself isn't available online, but information is provided here to help you fill it out when you appear in person. You can, however, find other forms and information booklets here related to applying for an Illinois driver's license, a commercial driver's license (CDL), or an ID card, including:
- Applying for an Illinois Drivers License or ID Card.
- Illinois Graduated Driver Licensing System: Graduate to Safety.
- Protect Your Identity (if your driver's license or ID card is lost or stolen).
- Commercial Driver's License Study Guide.
- DUI Fact Book.
- DUI: The Sobering Truth.
- Use It & Lose It: The War on Drunk Driving.
These forms and information are primarily related to reinstating licenses after they have been suspended or revoked and include:
- Record of Unsatisfied Judgement.
- Driver Services Reinstatement Locations.
- Formal Hearing Request Form.
- Medical Report Form.
- Road to Reinstatement: Restoring Your Driving Privileges.
Although the form for applying for a title and registration isn't available online, a wide variety of other registration and title related forms are found here. These include:
- Duplicate and Corrected Titles.
- Certificate of Purchase.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement.
- Affirmation of Non-Receipt of Title.
- Fact Sheet: Correcting Title & Registration.
- Junk Vehicle Bill of Sale.
- Power of Attorney.
This section combines forms for vanity (personalized) plates with applications for disabled persons placards and other license plates. There are also a few registration-related forms. A sampling:
- Affirmation for Pearl Harbor Survivor License Plates.
- Environmental License Plate Program.
- Persons with Disabilities Certification for Plates or Parking Placard.
- Vehicle Registration and/or Title Revocation Request.
- Mandatory Insurance: Drive on the Right Side of the Law.
- Affidavit for Termination of Suspension.
- Record of Unsatisfied Judgement.
Most of the Illinois motor vehicle and driver's license forms are downloadable in the Adobe PDF file format.
If you don't already have it on your computer, you may download a free copy of the Adobe Reader software so you can view, save, and print these forms.
You may pick up hard copies of these forms at any Illinois motor vehicle and driver services office. If the form you need is an uncommon one, you may want to call ahead to make sure they have it on hand before you stop in. In most cases, the office will also send you forms by mail if you call to request them.
Are you interested in becoming (or are you already) a motor vehicle dealer? We also provide a list of downloadable dealer forms.
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!