Salesperson License in Illinois
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
There is no license required to become a vehicle salesperson. If you love cars and enjoy working with the public, there are many vehicle dealerships throughout the state that will provide the on-the-job training you need to succeed at this fast-paced occupation. Many places are willing to train motivated individuals who show a strong desire to learn the basics.
If you have questions about selling motor vehicles within the state of Illinois, please contact:
- Vehicle Services Department
- Dealer Licensing Section
- 501 S. Second St., Room 069
- Springfield, IL 62756
- (217) 782-7817
You may also wish to download the Regulations for Vehicle Dealers brochure to learn more about the business of selling motor vehicles within Illinois.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.