- Location: Illinois
Dealers Handbook in IllinoisCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Those wishing to become motor vehicle dealers within the state of Illinois must complete an extensive licensing process.
Although there is no formal handbook available for motor vehicle dealers, the Secretary of State does publish a regular newsletter containing important policy updates for dealers and remittance agents. You can download this publication on the Secretary of State website. The Regulations for Vehicle Dealers pamphlet also provides useful information for those who are new to the business of selling motor vehicles within the state.
For answers to specific questions regarding selling motor vehicles in Illinois, contact:
- Vehicle Services Department
- Dealer Licensing Section
- 501 S. Second St., Room 069
- Springfield, IL 62756
- (217) 782-7817
The Illinois Independent Automobile Dealers Association, while not associated with the Secretary of State, is a great resource for motor vehicle dealers interested in learning more about the latest developments within the industry. This professional organization offers professional development seminars, newsletters, and informational articles designed to help motor vehicle dealers within the state achieve their business goals.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard