- Location: Illinois
Dealer Forms in IllinoisCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
The Illinois Secretary of State's Dealer and Remitters Forms page offers dozens of forms used by dealers, including these:
- 7-Day Vehicle Permit Application
- Application for Additional Sets of Dealer Plates, In-transit Plates, and ID Cards
- Application for In-transit or Repossessor Plates
- Dealer Certification: Vehicle Information sheet
The Dealer and Remitters Forms page also provides forms used in the dealer application and licensing process, such as:
Published as new legislation and laws require, the Dealers and Remitters Bulletin is required reading for any dealer who wants to stay in compliance. Generally, it's issued annually, but some years there will be several put out as laws and procedures change.
Past issues are also available at the link above. Recent bulletins covered revised fees, a new free expedited processing service for dealers for several common title problems, and warnings of potential abuses of "vehicle exchange" promotions offered by some dealers.
The Illinois Vehicle Tax Information Guide includes sample forms from the Illinois Department of Revenue for the collection of sales tax paid on motor vehicles. It also includes the Vehicle Use Tax Chart.
You may download other vehicle-related tax documents from the Illinois Department of Revenue, including a claim form for the reduction of sales tax paid on repossessed vehicles.
These forms are all in the Adobe PDF file format. You will need the free Adobe Reader software to download and print them. Most computers have this program already installed, but if you need it, or need the most up-to-date version, you may download it free.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard