511 Traffic Systems in Idaho
Thanks to a simple three-digit telephone number―511―drivers in many states across America can access the traffic-related information Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) gathers. 511 aims to provide this information to will help drivers get to their destinations in safe and timely manners.
You can access Idaho's traffic-related information when they call 511 or when the visit the Idaho Transportation Department's Division of Highways 511 website.
Important points about Idaho's 511 include:
- Traffic-related information is available when you call 511 or visit the 511 website.
- 511 covers interstates, U.S. routes, and state highways. County roads or city streets are only covered in the Treasure Valley/Boise metro area thanks to the Ada County Highway District.
- 511 calls are local, which means they're generally free from landlines and, when made from pay phones, cost the applicable pay phone fees. Most cellular phone providers connect 511; however, you should check with your specific provider about any additional fees.
- Cell phone users should understand that there may be areas bordering the state which cause them to connect to another state's 511. If this occurs, call (888) 432-7623.
While the Idaho Road Report provides accurate traffic-related information, it only does so at certain times throughout the day. 511 information is continually updated and is also available via the Internet.
In addition to the Idaho Transportation Department's Division of Highways 511 website, you can find additional information about 511 and other traffic information sources when you check out:Other Topics in This Section
Be a Hero
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Treating Motion Sickness
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It
heroes have registered as organ donors.