Online Services in Idaho
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Idaho Driver’s License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Idaho Online Services
- Idaho Motor Carrier Services
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Don't take this the wrong way but the Idaho Division of Motor Vehicles probably does not want to see you. Instead, the state might prefer you take advantage of its online driver and vehicle services.
Online Driver Services
Typically, driver services are handled through the Idaho Transportation Department's Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby ID DMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for the reinstatement of your drivers license online.
- Check the status of your Idaho driver's license.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Order a driving record.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take an ID drivers license practice test.
- Take an ID drivers permit practice test.
- Take an ID commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take an ID motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study an Idaho Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in an Idaho defensive driving if you received a traffic ticket. Ensure your traffic school is state approved.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Idaho.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
- Order a temporary trip permit.
- Apply for an annual overlegal permit.
- Renew overlegal permit.
- Apply for a hazardous materials endorsement.
- Check the status of your Idaho hazardous materials endorsement.
- Renew the registration for your commercial full fee power units and trailers.
- Look up your commercial vehicle registrations.
- Apply for an Idaho IFTA.
- Renew your Idaho IFTA.
- Order additional IFTA decals.
- File your IFTA return for free.
Online Vehicle Services
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Idaho Transportation Department's Division of Motor Vehicles. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby ID DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Idaho.
- Renew your Idaho vehicle registration online (currently available in 39 counties).
- Check the status of your vehicle registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Obtain an Idaho license plate.
- Order personalized license plates.
- Learn more on ID smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Submit a motor vehicle record request.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Idaho that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the Gem State.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.