Motorcycle Manual in IdahoPass Your Test with DMV Cheat Sheets
Get answers, save time and pass your motorcycle written test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets also offers:
- Steps to getting your license
- 50 essential study-guide questions
- Traffic signs and signals
Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed.
Your number one goal as a motorcycle rider is safety. Although you share the road with a number of vehicles, you will soon learn that these drivers are not looking for a motorcycle. Often, they will not even see you, and you must therefore always drive defensively. Knowing the law and knowing how to prevent an accident will help prevent crashes.
In an effort to keep the roads safe for all drivers, the Idaho Transportation Department joined forces with the Motorcycle Safety Foundation in creating the Idaho Motorcycle Operator's Manual. Internationally recognized, the MSF is best known for its development of a comprehensive, research-based rider education and training system, MSF RETS.
The Idaho Transportation Department also called upon some key individuals who are experienced riders, a certified MSF Motorcycle Chief Instructor, representatives from the Department of Education, and a member of the Idaho Coalition of Motorcycle Safety, to compile the most useful and well-rounded information in the areas of motorcycle education, safety, and licensing.
The following are the topics covered within the manual:
- Earning your license: endorsement and test fees.
- Preparing to ride: riding gear, know your motorcycle, know your responsibilities.
- Ride within your abilities: basic vehicle control, keeping your distance, SIPDE, intersections, see and be seen, crash avoidance, handling dangerous surfaces, mechanical problems, animals, flying objects, getting off the road, carrying passengers and cargo, group riding.
- Being in shape to ride: fatigue, sample test questions, on-cycle skills test.
Other Idaho Driver's Manuals
Visit our Forms and Publications page for other manuals, frequently requested DMV forms, and publications of interest to Idaho drivers.
Choose a County
Other Topics in This SectionCompare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
- No Counties with results.
1. Enter Your Zip: