Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Change of Address in Idaho

    ID Change of Address

    If you live in Idaho and do business with the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), then by law you must notify DMV of any address change within 30 days after you move. This allows them to keep updated records and send driver's license renewals to you in the mail if you qualify, and allows law enforcement to notify you or your family in emergencies.

    Submitting your change of address to the Idaho DMV is rather painless. The DMV offers an online PDF of the Idaho Change of Address Request (form ITD 3239) that you can download and print.

    Once you have completed the form, you have the following options:

    • Snail mail the Change of Address Request to:
      • Driver Services
      • Idaho Transportation Department
      • P.O. Box 7129
      • Boise, ID 83707

    This process updates your driver's license address as well as your vehicle registration address. Just be sure you have your state driver's license (or ID card) number, as well as the receipt number that goes along with it, and your license plate number(s).

    Changing Your Name on Your Driver's License or Identification Card

    If your name changes―for example, because of a recent marriage or divorce―, you can easily update your driver’s license or identification card. You change your name on these forms of identification either by applying for a duplicate or at the time of renewal, given you are eligible to do so. At this time, you’ll also need to hand over your current driver’s license and/or identification card.

    Legal Proof of Your New Name

    When you visit the nearest county sheriff’s driver's license office, you’ll need to show the examiner acceptable proof that your name actually changed. You can use either certified marriage certificate that meets the State’s standards, a divorce decree, or documents from the court that reflect a date that falls later than the current record.


    The fee for a duplicate license is $15.

    The fee for a duplicate ID card is the same fee as the original fee:

    • $10 if you are under 18 years old.
    • $10 if you are 18 to 21 years old.
    • $10 for an ID card valid for 4 years (must be over 21 years old)
    • $20 for an an ID card valid for 8 years (must be over 21 years old)
    Other Topics in This Section
    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.