- Location: Idaho
Paperwork When Buying a Car in IdahoGet detailed Vehicle History Report in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start a Search:
When titling and registering a recently purchased car from an individual, you will need these documents:
- The title, signed over to you. Fill out the odometer disclosure, too.
- A Bill of Sale with the previous owner. This should have all the terms of sale.
- A VIN Inspection Certificate. This is completed by a motor vehicle inspector, law officer, county assessor, DMV employee, military police officer, or dealer licensed in the state.
- If applying through the mail, you'll need a Power of Attorney.
You have 30 days to do complete the title transfer of a car purchased in Idaho, or you will face a $20 fine.
When you buy a car through a dealership, they will complete and file the needed documents.
If you have difficulty finding Idaho's Bill of Sale, you can easily download our version. It only takes seconds.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard