- Location: Idaho
Salesperson License in IdahoCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
Before you begin the motor vehicle salesperson application process, take note of the following:
- You must have a motor vehicle salesperson license in order to legally sell vehicles in Idaho.
- You must be at least 18 years old to obtain a salesperson license.
- There are parts of the salesperson application that your dealer must complete. This means if you have any trouble during the application process, your employer (i.e., the dealer who is hiring you) can help you.
- Brush up on Idaho Code 49-1602(1). The answer to whether you'll be granted an Idaho salesperson license may lie here.
Once a dealer has agreed to hire you, the two of you can begin the salesperson application process. The first step? Complete the Personal History And Salesperson Application, answering honestly and to the best of your knowledge, and mail it along with the $26 fee to:
- Idaho Transportation Department
- Vehicle Services
- P.O. Box 34
- Boise, ID 83731-0034
Once the folks in Boise have processed the application and are ready for you get your picture identification card processed, they'll contact you and send you to your local driver's license office. A picture ID costs an extra $10 and is expected at the time you have your picture taken.
Salesperson License Fee
Your salesperson ID card costs $26; you must send this fee with your application. If you have your picture taken for a picture ID, you'll pay an additional $10 at that time.
There is no application deadline, and applications are accepted throughout the year.
Waiting Period and Temporary Permit
Various factors go into the waiting period for your Idaho motor vehicle salesperson license; however, your copy of the Personal History And Salesperson Application acts as your 30-day temporary permit.
When it's time to renew your Idaho salesperson license, the Idaho Transportation Department's Vehicle Services will notify you. Note that you'll use the same form to renew (the Personal History And Salesperson Application) and the renewal fee is $26.
If you need a duplicate salesperson license, apply for one using the same form you used to apply for your original license, the Personal History And Salesperson Application. The duplicate fee is $10.
Both DMV.org and the Idaho Transportation Department provide further information about obtaining your Idaho motor vehicle salesperson license and how to sell motor vehicles responsibly:Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard