Dealers Handbook in Idaho
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Idaho does not publish a vehicle dealer's handbook. Fortunately, DMV.org and the Idaho Transportation Department can help you on your way to becoming a dealer. Check out these resources:
- Becoming an Idaho Dealership Fact Sheet: This ITD page gives you information about becoming a licensed dealer, including examples of when you do―and do not―need a motor vehicle dealer license.
- Idaho Licensing Requirements: DMV.org thoroughly breaks down the dealer application process here.
- Dealer-related Information: Here you'll find information about dealer requirements, including information about business locations and signage.
- Dealer Forms: This is your one-stop page for all dealer-related forms.
As an Idaho dealer, you'll want to be familiar with the following motor vehicle-related resources:
- Idaho Lemon Law: Learn how Idaho's Lemon Law affects manufacturers, dealers, and consumers.
- Idaho Vehicle Code: Find the rules and regulations specific to your business―selling cars!
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
- Would Iron Man buy rental car insurance
- The Truth Will Set You (Hands) Free
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.