DMV Appointments in Idaho
The Idaho Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) allows you to make appointments for road skills tests only. See below for more information.
For all other driver and vehicle services you must wait in line. Office hours vary at some locations and are subject to frequent changes. Please call your nearest DMV location to inquire about current office hours.
Appointments may be scheduled at the DMV for your road skills tests only. These include the Class D operator’s license, the commercial driver’s license (CDL) and motorcycle skills license. Please go to the Idaho Driver Services skills test page for updated contact information. When calling to schedule your appointment, remember the following:
- If leaving a message, leave your full name and a number where you may be reached. Speak clearly.
- If you need to reschedule or find a better appointment time with a different tester, please remember to cancel your original appointment.
- You may schedule your appointment in any county. The test does not need to be taken in your home county.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the DMV offices. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to your DMV, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!