Online Services in Iowa
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Iowa Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Iowa Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Iowa Motor Carrier Services
Heading to your local Department of Transportation (DOT) office? Scroll down to see if you can save time by conducting your business online.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Iowa Department of Transportation's Office of Driver Services. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby IA driver's license station. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Request an e-mail renewal notification for your Iowa driver's license or ID card.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Notify the DOT of a change of address online.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Enroll in a motorcycle rider education course.
- Take an IA drivers license practice test.
- Take an IA drivers permit practice test.
- Take an IA commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take an IA motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study an Iowa Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in Iowa driver improvement school if you received a traffic ticket.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Iowa Department of Transportation's Motor Vehicle Division. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby IA county treasurer's office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Iowa.
- Renew your IA vehicle registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Obtain an Iowa license plate.
- Learn more on IA smog check and emissions testing requirements.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Iowa that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!