MVD Forms in Iowa
Many government agencies, like the Iowa Department of Transportation's Motor Vehicle Division requires forms for most of its services. For example:
- If you would like to apply for a special parking permit for drivers with disabilities, you must complete an Application for Persons with Disabilities Parking Permit (Form 411055).
- If you are involved in a serious auto accident, you may be required to fill out an Iowa Accident Report Form (Form 433002).
- If you are a minor who wishes to obtain a school license, you must complete an Affidavit for School License Form (Form 430021).
Unfortunately, driver's license applications are not available online. However, you may find other forms related to driver services in the Iowa DOT's Driver Services forms directory.
- Application for Certificate of Title and/or Registration (Form 411007).
- Application for Certificate of Title/Registration for a Leased Vehicle (Form 411179).
- Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form 411077).
- Damage Disclosure Statement (Form 411108).
The Iowa DOT makes available additional forms relating to vehicles, registration, and license plates in the Vehicle Services forms directory.
For your convenience, you can download many of the necessary driver's license and registration forms from the Iowa Department of Transportation's forms download page. The majority of the forms are available as PDF files that can be viewed using the free Adobe Reader software. However, forms are also available as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or Desktop eForm files. You may download Desktop eForm free from the forms home page.
You can search for Iowa driver's license and registration forms by title or description. If you can't find the form you're looking for, e-mail Forms.Management@dot.iowa.gov for assistance or call your nearest driver's license station to request a printed copy of the form.
Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section
- To prevent mistakes, read through the entire form before you begin filling it out.
- Be thorough. Leaving blank spaces or providing incomplete information could delay the processing of your form.
- If you're handwriting your form, be as neat as possible. You may even want to consider using a black or blue erasable ballpoint pen.
- If you don't understand the form, ask for help. Generally, your nearest driver's license station will be able to assist you.