DMV Appointments in IowaAt this time, you do not need to schedule an appointment to complete any tasks, either driver or vehicle related, at the Iowa Department of Transportation (DOT). Simply show up at your nearest branch during office hours. But keep in mind that not all services require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
If you must pay a visit to your Iowa DOT, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday