Electric MotorcyclesCompare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Page Overview
Everyone's jumping on the electric bandwagon these days. And why not? These things could cut down on emissions by as much as 98%. Here are two new electric vehicles that aren't cars.
Billed as "The World's First Street-Legal Electric Motorcycle," the Enertia electric bike has reasonable horsepower (12-25).
If you're searching for an affordable vehicle that's fun to drive and good for the environment, look no further than the XEBRA truck. It looks like a small truck perched on a three-wheel frame.
The 100% electric XEBRA PK took almost 30 years to develop. The XEBRA PK is manufactured by ZAP! Power Systems, a California-based company that specializes in environmentally friendly advanced-technology vehicles. ZAP! Power Systems' product line includes electric cars, fuel-cell cars, and hybrid cars, as well as electric bicycles, electric scooters, and sea scooters.
The three-wheel design of the XEBRA PK offers several advantages for motorists in search of a new driving experience.
The vehicle is very economical, with operating costs estimated at three cents per mile. The XEBRA PK can be recharged using any electrical outlet and, since electric motors have fewer moving parts, the vehicle generally costs less to maintain than a gas-powered car.
The XEBRA comes several colors and retails for around $10,000. Additional options include leather seats, a solar charger, a XEBRA car cover, and an upgraded radio/CD player.
To find a dealer near you, visit the ZAP! website.
Typically, anything that looks like a motorcycle and goes over 30 mph counts as a motorcycle for registration purposes, but that can vary from state to state. Check your state's requirements or with the dealer for more information.Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section
- Which Bike Is Best For You?
- Latest Models & Features
- Understanding CCs
- Helmets: A Matter of Choice?
- How To Buy the Right Helmet
- Leathers: How To Get the Proper Fit
- Top 10 Motorcycles Ever
- Theft Prevention
- Review of Motorcycle Manufacturers
- A Word About Passengers
- Tips for a Safe Ride
- What to Look for During a Test Drive
- How To Buy a Motorcycle
- Learning to Ride a Motorcycle
- Consider Taking a Safety Course
- Group Riding: Safety in Numbers
- Motorcycles and Weather Conditions
- Motorcycle Insurance How To
- Must-have Accessories
- How To Ride In Heavy Traffic
- Electric Motorcycles
- Vintage Motorcycles
- Scooters 101
- Finding a Trustworthy Mechanic
- How to Lay Down the Bike
- Motorcycle Rallies and Events
- Getting Married at Sturgis
- Transporting Your Motorcycle