Motorcycle Manual in HawaiiPass Your Test with DMV Cheat Sheets
Get answers, save time and pass your motorcycle written test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets also offers:
- Steps to getting your license
- 50 essential study-guide questions
- Traffic signs and signals
Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed.Page Overview
- About the HI Motorcycle Manual
- Hawaii Motorcycle Insurance
- Tests for a Motorcycle License
- Related Content
Verified As Of: 05/11/2015?Our goal is to give you the most up-to-date, accurate information about your state DMV's processes. The date you see here reflects the most recent time we've verified this information with your state DMV. When they change something, we do, too!SUMMARY: Hawaii Motorcycle ManualKeep reading to learn more about the motorcycle manual in Hawaii.
Hawaii's motorcycle manual contains information about motorcycle licensing and operation. You'll also find helpful details about motorcycle insurance and the tests required to get a HI motorcycle license.
The Hawaii Motorcycle Operator Manual (Form DOT-H2 053) is your starting point for getting a motorcycle license in HI.
The manual is published by the Hawaii Department of Transportation (DOT) and includes:
- Motorcycle operation instructions, such as how to turn and stop safely.
- Types of motorcycle licenses in HI.
- Contact information for local Hawaii licensing offices.
The handbook contains the information you'll be tested on when you take the written knowledge test for your motorcycle license.
In addition to operating your motorcycle safely, you're also responsible for insuring it properly.
The Hawaii DOT motorcycle manual explains the insurance requirements for motorcycles and mopeds. You must have AT LEAST:
- Bodily injury liability coverage of $20,000 per person/$40,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability coverage of $10,000.
You can also purchase coverage for:
- Medical payments.
- Loss of income.
- Damage to your motorcycle or moped.
NOTE: If you complete a Hawaii motorcycle safety course, you may qualify for a motorcycle insurance discount.
The HI motorcycle manual also answers some common questions about motorcycle insurance.
To get your motorcycle license from the HI DOT, you're required to pass two tests:
- A written knowledge test.
- A driving performance test on your motorcycle.
The written knowledge test questions cover the information found in the motorcycle manual.
NOTE: Motorcycle license practice tests can also help you get ready for the test.
Driving Performance Test
The Hawaii motorcycle handbook also includes information about the performance test, including maneuvers you'll be required to make.
NOTE: You MAY be exempt from the performance test IF you complete a motorcycle safety course OR have a motorcycle license from another state.Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section