DUI Attorneys in Hawaii
If you're caught driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs in Hawaii, you will be subject to various consequences such as fines, court fees, HI driver's license suspension, alcohol education programs, and in some cases, jail time. To minimize your penalties, you should consider hiring a Hawaii DUI attorney.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Hiring a DUI Attorney
The process of dealing with a DUI charge is very demanding. If you have no experience in court situations, you may want to hire a DUI attorney to represent you. A Hawaii DUI attorney can:
- Help explain any applicable Hawaii DUI laws.
- Determine your best plea option.
- Try to negotiate reduced charges on your behalf.
When you're researching DUI attorneys in your area, be sure to:
- Choose lawyers who have specific experience with DUI cases in Hawaii.
- Find out if anyone you know has worked with a reputable DUI lawyer.
- Get legal consultations with as many DUI attorneys as possible.
- Ask about lawyer costs up front.
DUI Charges in Hawaii
If you're facing DUI charges in Hawaii, you probably registered a 0.08% blood alcohol content (BAC) level or higher (0.02% if under 21 years old) when you were pulled over. However, you can still be arrested for a DUI even if you test below the limit or simply refuse to submit to the BAC test.
For more information, visit our DUI & DWI in Hawaii page.
Look into hiring a DUI attorney if you need assistance in preparing for your court hearing and/or want representation in court.
Penalties for a DUI
The severity of your DUI penalties will depend on the nature of your offense, your level of intoxication, and your HI driving record. In Hawaii, you could face a range of penalties including:
- Driver's license revocation.
- Community service.
- An alcohol or drug abuse program.
- Jail time.
- Driver's license suspension.
More information about fines and penalties for a DUI can be found on our DUI in Hawaii page.
Costs of a DUI in HI
In addition to your DUI fines and court fees, you may also face additional costs, such as:
- A Hawaii driver's license reinstatement fee.
- Installation costs for an ignition interlock device.
- Fees for a substance-abuse rehabilitation program.
- Vehicle towing and impound fees.
- Higher Hawaii car insurance rates.
Hiring a DUI attorney may come with additional fees, but they may be able to reduce your costs in the long-term by negotiating reduced charges with the court judge.
Need SR-22 Insurance?
Get the cheapest SR-22 Insurance rate comparing multiple providers.Call (315) 804-6915 for a Quote