Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Changing Your Name in Hawaii

    Hawaii Name Change Package - $29.95

    Miss Now Mrs's Name Change Packages automates the completion of the required forms to change your name in Hawaii. Simply complete a quick questionnaire, print out the forms and file them. It couldn't be easier.

    Get Started

    Continue »

    Name Change Package
    Includes Forms for:

    • Drivers License
    • Vehicle Title
    • Registration
    • IRS
    • Voter Registration
    • US Passport
    • Bank Notification
    • Credit Card Notification
    • Insurance Notification

    Notifying the DMV

    A name change, whether as a result of marriage, divorce, or something else, is a fact of life for many people.

    When you make that change, you'll need to notify the DOT to ensure that the change is reflected on your documents―specifically, your driver's license, title, and registration forms.

    Driver's License

    In Hawaii you must notify the DOT of the name change in person.

    The DMV requires certified evidence of the name change. This can include the marriage license, divorce decree, or court order. You will receive a new license before leaving the office, but you will have to pay a duplicate license fee.

    Before you go to the office, it's best to first change your name with the Social Security Administration (SSA). Visit the agency's site for details on how to change your name with the SSA.

    Registration Certificate

    Simply bring in your old registration card along with a necessary evidentiary document (i.e., marriage license, divorce decree, court order, etc.). A duplicate registration certificate fee may apply, depending on the county.


    Changing your name on your vehicle title involves a bit more effort if the document is in the files of a lienholder. If this is the case, you will need to contact the lienholder and ask for a temporary release of the document to the DMV.

    Once the document is with the DMV, you can visit an office with the necessary name change documentation and complete the transaction. It is best to contact your local DMV office prior to contacting the lienholder to ensure you have the title mailed to the correct location.

    Office Locations

    Other Topics in This Section

    - Sponsored Link -
    Organ Donation Survey

    Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?

    Yes No

    Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.

    Update Your Organ
    Donor Information ▸