- Location: Hawaii
Paperwork When Selling a Car in HawaiiCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
A seller is required to:
- Complete and sign a bill of sale. Make a copy for yourself and give the other to the buyer.
- Sign the title in the appropriate boxes: On the old title, this will be line 1. On the newer titles, you will need to fill out "Section A." This section also has a space for the odometer reading. Notarization is optional. This transfers the title.
- Supply the vehicle registration card.
- Supply the vehicle safety inspection certificate.
For information on how to sell a vehicle without a title, contact your local court registration customer representative.
You must submit a Notice of Transfer form within 10 days of the sale. Both Hawaii County and the City and County of Honolulu have these forms online. If you are on Maui or Kauai, visit a local registration office to pick up one. Failure to take care of this task within the required 10 days, could result in a $50.00.
A bill of sale is required. If needed, you can download a generic copy from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard