Dealer Forms in Hawaii
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Plenty of paperwork is involved in the licensing process. Whether you are a dealer, salesperson, manufacturer, or distributor, you can expect to be busy with the pen for quite a while. The good news is that the state bundles all of the necessary forms into the main application packages.
Motor Vehicle Dealer Forms
- Motor Vehicle Dealer Application―The primary document used for dealers to acquire a license to do business. The package has the forms for the surety bond and a listing of all the supporting materials needed to finish the application.
- Motor Vehicle Branch Location or Relocation―This form comes into play when you close up shop in one setting and move to another. It is also applicable if you open a new branch of an existing business.
Forms for Salespeople
- Motor Vehicle Salesperson Application Form―Selling cars, whether new or used, in the state of Hawaii requires that you hold a license. It must be renewed every even-numbered year.
- Motor Vehicle Salesperson Certificate of Transfer―If you take a new position with a different dealer in the state, you will need to notify the Motor Vehicle Dealer Board of the switch.
Forms for Manufacturers and Distributors
- Motor Vehicle Distributor or Manufacturer Application―The main bundle of documents required to acquire a license to do business on the islands.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
- Would Iron Man buy rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.