- Location: Georgia
Voter Registration in Georgia
Voter registration is handled by each Georgia county. When you apply for voter registration at the Department of Driver Services' Customer Service Center, the registering process has just begun.
Your county's registrar will process your application to vote. You can also print a Voter Registration application online, then mail it or take it in person to the registrar's office or driver's license office.
If you choose to mail the application, send it with the appropriate documentation to:
- Hon. Karen C. Handel
- Secretary of State
- State of Georgia
- P.O. Box 105325
- Atlanta, GA 30348-9562
Documents you'll need to send with the application include a copy of one of the following:
- Your driver's license or other photo ID
- Current utility bill
- Paycheck stub
- Other government document showing your name and address
You should receive your registration card within two to four weeks. Registration is open until 10 days before an election.
Can I Register to Vote?
You must meet the following criteria to register to vote:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a legal resident of the county where you register.
- Be at least 17.5 years of age to register and 18 years old to vote.
- Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude.
- Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge.
You may find additional information about registering to vote, elections, campaigns, and more at the Secretary of State's website.Other Topics in This SectionArticles