511 Traffic Systems in Georgia
Georgia 511 is a free phone service that allows you to instantly access road conditions (weather, road construction, detours, etc.) throughout the entire state. Information is updated every few minutes.
After dialing 511 you'll be asked to either dial or say a specific number to access your requested information. By saying or dialing "two," for example, you'll be given another menu of specific routes from which to choose from. After saying or dialing which exact interstate or highway you want information on, you'll instantly receive current construction and accident updates.
This handy number also allows you to obtain airport information. You can access parking and security wait-time information for the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, as well as answers to ground transportation.
You can also use 511 to access Amtrak, Greyhound, local Rideshare programs and the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA).
If you're approaching Georgia from Florida, for example, you can access Georgia's 511-information by dialing (877) 694-2511. Otherwise, if you dial 511 from inside Florida you'll only receive Florida information.Other Topics in This Section
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Treating Motion Sickness
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It