Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • RV & Motorhome Registration in Georgia

    GA RV & Motorhome Registration

    1963 and newer motor homes and manufactured homes, and 1986 and all newer campers and travel trailers must be titled in the state of Georgia, but titles for fifth-wheel trailers and boat trailers are not required. All these vehicles need to be registered with the Motor Vehicle Division in order to be driven on public roads.

    To register, title, and tag your RV, camper, or motor home, complete a Motor Vehicle Title/Tag Application (Form MV-1) and apply at your local tag office.

    When applying, you will need to present the following documents along with the application:

    • The original title or Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin if the vehicle is new. If you don't have these documents, you will need the registration papers from the previous owner, signed over to you.
    • A completed Certificate of Inspection (Form T-22B).
      • The inspection can be performed by a law enforcement official or tag agent before you apply.
    • Appropriate fees. The title fee is $18. If you apply for your title late (over 30 days from the date of purchase or acquisition), you will need to pay a penalty of $10. Also, if you are registering during the registration period for that vehicle, you will need to pay the ad valorem tax due at this time.
    • Valid driver's license or picture ID.
    • Proof of insurance. Georgia requires minimum-liability insurance on all motor vehicles.
    • Proof of residency. A utility bill, lease, deed, or letter from your employer on letterhead will meet this requirement.

    Note: A vehicle emissions test is NOT required for recreational vehicles in the state of Georgia.

    Registration Periods

    Georgia has three registration periods, depending on your county of residence. Most counties have an open, year-round registration period. If you live in one of these counties, you will renew your vehicle registration in the 30 days prior to your birth date, with registration ending at midnight on that day. Registrations are good for 1 year.

    If you live in Calhoun, Charlton, Clay, McIntosh, Mitchell, Randoph, Stewart, or Turner county, you can renew your registration any time from January 1st to April 30th each year.

    Talbot County is the only county with a staggered registration period. If your birthday falls in:

    • January, February, or March: Register January 1st to 31st.
    • April, May, or June: Register February 1st to 28th (or February 29th in leap years).
    • July, August, or September: Register March 1st to 31st.
    • October, November, or December: Register April 1st to 30th.
    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.