RV & Motorhome Registration in Georgia
Get Free RV & Motor Home Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:
Motor homes, travel trailers, and campers must be titled in the state of Georgia, but titles for fifth-wheel trailers are not required. All these vehicles need to be registered with the Motor Vehicle Division in order to be driven on public roads.
When applying, you will need to present the following documents along with the application:
- The original title or Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin if the vehicle is new. If you don't have these documents, you will need the registration papers from the previous owner, signed over to you.
- A completed Certificate of Inspection (Form T-22B).
- The inspection can be performed by a law enforcement official or tag agent before you apply.
- Appropriate fees. The title fee is $18. If you apply for your title late (over 30 days from the date of purchase or acquisition), you will need to pay a penalty of $10. Also, if you are registering during the registration period for that vehicle, you will need to pay the ad valorem tax due at this time.
- Valid driver's license or picture ID.
- Proof of insurance. Georgia requires minimum-liability insurance on all motor vehicles.
- Proof of residency. A utility bill, lease, deed, or letter from your employer on letterhead will meet this requirement.
Note: A vehicle emissions test is NOT required for recreational vehicles in the state of Georgia.
Georgia has three registration periods, depending on your county of residence. Most counties have an open, year-round registration period. If you live in one of these counties, you will renew your vehicle registration in the 30 days prior to your birth date each year, with registration ending at midnight on that day.
If you live in Calhoun, Charlton, Clay, McIntosh, Mitchell, Randoph, Stewart, or Turner county, you can renew your registration any time from January 1-April 30 each year.
Talbot County is the only county with a staggered registration period. You will still need to register from January 1-April 30, but your specific registration time depends on your birthday. If your birthday falls in:
Other Topics in This Section
- January, February, or March: Register January 1-31.
- April, May, or June: Register February 1-28 (or February 29 in leap years).
- July, August, or September: Register March 1-31.
- October, November, or December: Register April 1-30.
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸