Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost Registration in Georgia

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    Replacing Lost Registration Certificates

    You'll need to complete an Application for a Replacement Registration Certificate and submit it to your local Tax Commissioner's Office. You may apply for the replacement yourself, or your car dealer may apply for you. Either way, you'll need to sign the application form.

    If more than one person owns the vehicle, all owners will need to go to the Tax Commissioner's office with you, and each of you will need to provide your current driver's license or state-issued ID card.

    The fee for replacement is $1.

    Replacing Lost Tags

    You'll need to complete an Application for Replacement Tags or Decals if your license plate is lost or stolen. If the tag was stolen, you'll need to provide a copy of the police report when you make your application for replacement. If not, then you'll need to also complete a surrender form, surrendering that license plate number.

    The fee for a replacement tag or decal is $8, but that fee is waived if you never received the original through the mail. If this is the case, you'll need to complete the portion of the replacement application certifying that you never received the tag in the mail. Your signature will need to be notarized on this section of the form.

    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctor's first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More Organ Donor Myths ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸