Replacing a Lost CDL in GeorgiaCompare Commercial Vehicle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
If your commercial driver's license (CDL) has been lost or stolen, you must appear in person at your local driver's license office to apply for a replacement from the Georgia Department of Driver Services. Though you may do so with a regular license, you may not replace a lost commercial license online―you must appear in person.
Before you go to replace your lost license, be sure to file a police report and take a copy of that with you. You may need to fill out a Lost License Affidavit at the driver's license office.
The fee is $5.
Other documentation you may need is listed below. You'll need only one item from the Group 1 list, or two documents from Group 2.
- Certified birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Immigration ID card
- Certified copy of court records (name change, adoption, sex change)
- Original Social Security card
- Certified copy of marriage license
- Current auto insurance policy
- Voter registration card
The Department of Driver Services will only change your driver's license number under the following circumstances:
True or False
- Your license number is the same as your Social Security number.
- Your license has been stolen (you must furnish a police report as proof).
- The change has been authorized in writing by the License Fraud Unit (usually in identity theft cases).
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.