Replacing a Lost CDL in Georgia
If your commercial driver's license (CDL) has been lost or stolen, you must appear in person at your local driver's license office to apply for a replacement from the Georgia Department of Driver Services. Though you may do so with a regular license, you may not replace a lost commercial license online―you must appear in person.
Before you go to replace your lost license, be sure to file a police report and take a copy of that with you. You may need to fill out a Lost License Affidavit at the driver's license office.
The fee is $5.
Other documentation you may need is listed below. You'll need only one item from the Group 1 list, or two documents from Group 2.
- Certified birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Immigration ID card
- Certified copy of court records (name change, adoption, sex change)
- Original Social Security card
- Certified copy of marriage license
- Current auto insurance policy
- Voter registration card
The Department of Driver Services will only change your driver's license number under the following circumstances:
Compare Commercial Insurance
- Your license number is the same as your Social Security number.
- Your license has been stolen (you must furnish a police report as proof).
- The change has been authorized in writing by the License Fraud Unit (usually in identity theft cases).
Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section