Online Services in Georgia
Staying up-to-date on driver and vehicle services isn't always peachy―even in Georgia. Thankfully, GA residents have a number of online services at their fingertips. Below, you'll find a full list that can make accomplishing your driving-related tasks a whole lot easier.
Georgia Online Vehicle Services
The Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) or a third-party vendor will administer online vehicle services. You can renew your registration, choose car insurance, and so much more without ever leaving home.
Georgia DOR Vehicle Services
The GA Department of Revenue's online vehicle services can assist you with:
- Renewing your registration.
- Ordering vanity license plates.
- Calculating your title ad valorem taxes.
- VIN checks.
Third Party Vehicle Services
A third-party company can assist you with the following vehicle services:
- Find car insurance.
- Ensure you're making the most informed decision on car insurance by comparing all of the rates and plans of providers in your area.
- Select motorcycle insurance.
- Keep your bike and budget safe by researching all of your area's motorcycle insurance options.
- Vehicle History Report (VHR).
- Extended warranty on your vehicle.
- You'll worry less knowing your vehicle is still covered by a comprehensive, extended warranty plan after the original warranty expires.
GA Record & License Resources
Georgia's Department of Driver Services (DDS) can help you with many of your GA license and record needs. Private vendors can also provide you with time-saving services to help you accomplish certain tasks from the comfort of home.
Georgia DDS Online Services
Unless indicated otherwise, the GA DDS online services will assist you with record and license requests for:
- Driver's license and I.D. card renewal.
- Status of your license.
- License suspension and reinstatement services.
- Submitting proof of GA residency.
- Official address change.
- Class D to C license upgrade.
- CDL self and medical certifications.
- Driving history.
- Birth and death certificates (through the Georgia Department of Public Health).
Online Services Through Private Companies
A vetted third party can provide you with online assistance in requesting:
- Driving records.
- Order personal and professional driving records without having to deal with the hassles of a government agency.
- Background checks.
- Keep yourself and your company safe by running quick background checks on anyone you're thinking about hiring.
- Vital records.
- A third party is your one-stop source for requesting all types of vital records (birth, death, marriage, divorce).
- Court records.
- Let a private vendor navigate the bureaucratic obstacles of requesting court records from the state.
- Official name change.
- A third party can ensure your name's changed across multiple government agencies in one fell swoop.
- International Driver Permit (IDP).
- While driving in another country, you should have an IDP with you so authorities abroad can understand your driving credentials.
- Expedited passport.
- Planning on traveling abroad at the last minute? To get your passport in time, consider ordering it through a private company.
Georgia Driver's Ed Services
Thanks to the convenience of online services, you can handle a lot of your driver's education needs from home. Both the GA Department of Driver Services and private vendors can assist you with preparing for license tests, registering for courses, and more.
The Georgia DDS allows you to register for motorcycle safety classes online.
A third-party company can connect you to useful products and courses like:
- Boater education classes.
- Driver's license and permit:
- License test prep courses for:
- Practice tests and cheat sheets for:
Legal & Traffic Ticket Services in GA
If you're facing traffic tickets or other legal issues, relieve yourself of some stress by taking advantage of the convenient online services offered by the state and separate third parties.
You can go directly through the online services of Georgia's DDS and DOR to:
A private company can offer you assistance with:
- Hiring a DUI attorney.
- For the best outcome in court, find an attorney in your area who's knowledgable about DUI charges and a good fit for your budget.
- Paying traffic tickets.
- Since you can pay traffic tickets online, don't waste time waiting in line or buying postage.
- Finding a traffic ticket lawyer.
- When fighting a traffic ticket, use a private vendor to research all of your different options for representation.
- Identity theft prevention.
- For a secure future, consider investing in an extensive identity protection program—you'll thank yourself later.
Miscellaneous Georgia Online Services
If you couldn't find the service you needed above, take a look at the rest of the online services the Georgia Department of Driver Services offers:
- Check license test reservation status.
- Apply to become a for-hire driver.
- Fill out forms online.