New to GeorgiaCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Welcome to Georgia―No. 1 producer of peaches, pecans, and peanuts!
You'll enjoy living in Georgia. The state offers a wide variety of cultures, from rich farmlands to vibrant city life; slow country pace to high-speed technology.
Setting up a new residence is never easy, but we've made a list of resources that will provide you with helpful information to get you started:
- Get your Georgia driver's license.
- Find your local driver's license office.
- Read the Georgia Drivers Manual.
- Register your vehicle in Georgia.
Be sure to make time for fun, food, and friendship to help you get aquainted with your new state. Local visitor's bureaus will have information about your area, but here's a short list of some places you'll want to visit:
- Stone Mountain Park, Stone Mountain
- Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, and CNN Studio Tour, all in downtown Atlanta
- Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain
- The Big Chicken, popular landmark, Marietta
Georgia is home to several professional sports teams: Atlanta Braves baseball, Atlanta Hawks basketball, and Atlanta Falcons football. College sports also offer great entertainment, so look for these in your area.
Good southern food reigns throughout Georgia. The tea is sweet and iced, the grits buttery and salted. Fried tomatoes, fried chicken, and fried okra hold places of honor on many tables. But it's not all fried, and much of it is quite healthy. Just be sure to try Georgia's specialties―you'll be hard pressed to find better peaches anywhere else!
Organ Donation Survey
- In Gainesville, the "Chicken Capital of the World," it is illegal to eat chicken with a fork.
- Coca-Cola was invented in Atlanta in 1886.
- Sweet onions known the world over are grown in Vidalia, Georgia.
- Former President Jimmy Carter lives in Plains.
- Atlanta is home to television networks TBS and Turner South.
- The north Georgia town of Dahlonega was home to the first gold rush in America in 1828. Gold is still mined in small quantities around the area.
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸