- Location: Georgia
Driver Handbook in GeorgiaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
The Georgia Driver's Manual provides information you need to know before getting behind the wheel. It is recommended that you read this handbook every few years after obtaining your license to keep up with the changing laws. At the very least, you'll need to be an expert on its contents to pass the written test required when you apply for a driver's license.
The Georgia Driver's Manual is published by the Department of Driver Services. Aside from being available online in PDF format, free printed copies are available at your local driver's license office.
This manual discusses the driver's exam, safety rules and regulations on the road, traffic signals, and additional information for teen drivers.
Motorcycle riders are offered a separate Motorcycle Operator Manual for dealing with the specifics of motorcycle safety and procedures. Topics include choosing the right gear for riding a motorcycle, carrying cargo and passengers, and handling emergency situations.
Commercial drivers should study the Commercial Driver's Manual to learn the aspects of commercial driving that you will be quizzed on in your written CDL exam.
At this time, Georgia provides all of its manuals in English only, but the written tests are offered in numerous languages at all locations.Other Topics in This SectionArticles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard