Changing Your Address in Georgia
Changing your address?
Perfect time to compare car insurance rates.
1. Start Your Quote:
You have 60 days after moving to change your address on your driver's license with your local Customer Service Center, or you may qualify to change it online. There is no fee to change your address and get a replacement license.
You may apply for an address change if you meet certain criteria. To change your address online, you must:
- Change addresses only once between renewal periods.
- Hold a regular, noncommercial license.
- Not have a suspended or revoked license.
- Hold a license that is valid for more than 180 days.
- Provide a verifiable Social Security number.
- Provide the last exam date as listed on your current license.
- Have residential and mailing addresses in Georgia.
- Have a new address that has been submitted to the U.S. Post Office within the past 13 months. The Department of Driver Services will verify the forwarding address; if it cannot, your license will have to be renewed in person.
Your updated license will be mailed to you within 30 days.
You may also change your address in person by visiting your local Customer Service Center. Since residency was established when you got your license the first time, you do not need to bring proof of the change of address.
Changing your address in person is required if your license expires within 180 days of the change or if your new address cannot be verified. You will also need to apply in person if you move more than once during your license renewal period.
Timesaver: If your license expires in 150 days or less, you may go ahead and renew it at the same time for an additional five years ($20) or 10 years ($35).
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- DMV New Resident Checklist
- Forms and Publications for New Residents
- Moving and Need to Change Your Address? Use This Address Change Checklist!
- Change of Address on Vehicle Registration and Titles
- Learn How to Change Your Address on Your Drivers License
- How to Notify the DMV of Your Address Change