Dealer Forms in Georgia
Georgia provides a wide array of forms online for current and potential car dealers. Using Adobe's free Reader software, you may print out the forms and submit them to the appropriate office, according to the addresses stated on each form.
A few of the forms you might need include:
- The Used Car Dealer Application Packet is issued by the Georgia Secretary of State (SOS). This packet includes the information and forms you need to get started as a used-car dealer.
- Dealer, Distributor, Manufacturer, and Transporter Tag Application (Form MV-6): This form allows dealers, distributors, manufacturers, and transporters of vehicles to apply for dealer license plates so the vehicles may be driven before they are sold.
- Limited Power of Attorney/Motor Vehicle Transactions (Form T-8): This is a modified form specifically for motor vehicle transactions.
- The Dealer Internet Inquiry Registration Form (Form MV-47) allows dealers to access the motor vehicle records database.
- A Application for Temporary Site Permit will be needed if you choose to have a "tent" sale at a location other than your primary place of business.
- The State of Georgia Bond is a required element of your application process. Most surety bonds can be purchased through an insurance agent.
The Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) offers specific motor vehicle information for titles, registration, and a host of other motor vehicle transactions that car dealers commonly perform.
If you're a vehicle dealer, use this form to register to use the MVD's Internet Service.
Application for tags to be used by licensed motor vehicle dealers.
This form allows someone else to act on your behalf to buy or sell a vehicle.Other Topics in This Section