Bill of Sale Requirements in Georgia
When you purchase a new or used vehicle, be sure to get a bill of sale. You'll need it to get a Georgia title and registration and to apply for a license plate. You cannot use a bill of sale to transfer the ownership without a Georgia title, unless your vehicle does not require a title.
The Georgia Motor Vehicle Division offers an online, printable Bill of Sale (Form T-7) for your convenience.
You must include the following info. on a Georgia bill of sale:
- Name of seller/transferor.
- Complete address of seller. Must be street address; a P.O. Box is not acceptable.
- Date of sale.
- Complete vehicle description, including vehicle identification number (VIN), make, model, year, series number, and body type.
- Lienholder created at time of resale.
- Date of lien, if applicable.
- Name of purchaser.
- Complete address of purchaser; P.O. Box is not acceptable.
- Vehicle odometer reading at time of sale.
- Signature of seller or authorized representative.
- Signature of purchaser.
If you have trouble downloading the Georgia Bill of Sale form, we provide links to generic forms from our sponsors.
Complete as proof of purchase when selling a vehicle. This form or a comparable bill of sale is required.