Bill of Sale Requirements in Georgia
When you purchase a new or used vehicle, be sure to get a bill of sale. You'll need it to get a Georgia title and registration and to apply for a license plate. You cannot use a bill of sale to transfer the ownership without a Georgia title, unless your vehicle does not require a title.
The Georgia Motor Vehicle Division offers an online, printable Bill of Sale (Form T-7) for your convenience.
How to Write a Bill of Sale in Georgia
You must include the following info. on a Georgia bill of sale:
- Name of seller/transferor.
- Complete address of seller. Must be street address; a P.O. Box is not acceptable.
- Date of sale.
- Complete vehicle description, including vehicle identification number (VIN), make, model, year, series number, and body type.
- Lienholder created at time of resale.
- Date of lien, if applicable.
- Name of purchaser.
- Complete address of purchaser; P.O. Box is not acceptable.
- Vehicle odometer reading at time of sale.
- Signature of seller or authorized representative.
- Signature of purchaser.
Generic Bill of Sale
If you have trouble downloading the Georgia Bill of Sale form, we provide links to generic forms from our sponsors.
Complete as proof of purchase when selling a vehicle. This form or a comparable bill of sale is required.