- Location: Georgia
Appointments in GeorgiaPage Overview
The Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) allows you to schedule your road test appointments by calling their Contact Center reservation lines. See below for more details.
Appointments for road tests can be made by calling the Contact Center reservation line. Your appointment can be scheduled at your preferred GA DDS Customer Service Center location.
Contact Center Reservation Lines
- Metro-Atlanta area: (678) 413-8400.
- In Georgia, but outside metro-Atlanta: (866) 754-3687.
Phone lines are open from 7:00 a.m.-5:15 p.m. Monday through Friday and appointments may be made up to 90 days prior to your desired test date.
Appointments can be made for the following:
- Teen drivers under age 18. Have your permit number handy when calling.
- Motorcycle road tests only for those already having a motorcycle permit. Not all customer service centers offer this service.
- Commercial road tests are by appointment only. They are offered at the following locations: Albany, Gainesville, Jackson, Milledgeville, Dalton and Thomson Customer Service Centers.
Most Georgia DDS offices are open Tuesday through Saturday for your convenience. Tuesdays are typically very busy so you may want to plan accordingly and not schedule appointments for this day.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the GA DDS. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to the DDS, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday