Traffic Ticket Attorneys in Florida
Hiring a traffic ticket lawyer can greatly help you if you decide to fight your traffic ticket. By understanding the true consequences of a traffic violation conviction you'll have a better sense of why you should hire a traffic ticket attorney. Once you do decide to get legal representation, use our tips for hiring a traffic ticket attorney to help find the right lawyer for you.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
When it comes to traffic tickets, you do not have to simply pay the fine. In fact, paying the fine is pleading guilty to the charge and accepting a court conviction.
You can fight your ticket with the help of a traffic ticket attorney to avoid consequences related to the ticket.
There are multiple benefits to hiring and a traffic ticket attorney. An experienced and credentialed lawyer can represent you in court and help you:
- Avoid fines or have them lowered.
- Have your charges dropped or reduced.
- Avoid point accrual on your driving record.
- Avoid increased car insurance premiums.
When you get a citation and decide to hire a traffic ticket attorney, make sure you take care to hire the best one for you. The following tips can help you in your search:
- Comparison shop â€“ Like anything else, you want to check your options. Speak to several attorneys to find the best one for you. Most traffic ticket lawyers will offer a free consultation to review your case and their rates.
- Stay in your area â€“ An attorney who has experience with the local court system, its judges, and local law enforcement officers can be a very effective asset.
- Value trust â€“ Find someone you trust and can work with.
For a better understanding of the benefits of hiring a traffic ticket attorney, you should learn more about the true consequences of a traffic violation conviction.
In Florida, traffic violation convictions can lead to:
- Driving record points.
- Driver's license suspension or revocation.
- Increases in car insurance rates.
Points are added to your driving record upon the conviction of a traffic violation.
An accumulation of 12 points or more within 12 months will result in the suspension of your driver's license.
The following are some common traffic violation and their point values:
- Red light violation â€“ 4 points.
- Driving with an open container â€“ 3 points.
- Child safety seat violation â€“ 3 points.
- Speeding â€“ 3 points.
- Reckless driving â€“ 4 points.
Your traffic ticket attorney will work to try to keep points off of your driving record.
Driver's Licens Suspension
Some serious violations, such as DUIs, will result in a
suspension of your driver's license upon conviction.
If you are charged for a traffic violation that can lead to felony charges, you should not go to court without legal representation.
NOTE: Many traffic ticket attorneys do not offer their services for DUI cases. See our DUI Attorneys in Florida page for information about lawyer who specialize in DUI cases.
Car Insurance Rates
Your driving record has a very big impact in the determination of your car insurance rates. One of the best ways to ensure you get the best rate possible is by having a clean driving record.
On the other hand, having just traffic violation conviction on your record can increase your car insurance rates by hundreds of dollars.
Your traffic attorney will work to keep traffic violations off your driving record so you can maintain an affordable car insurance premium.