Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • RV & Motorhome Registration in Florida

    FL RV & Motorhome Registration

    Registering and titling your recreational vehicle or motor home in Florida is much like doing it for your car. See Car Registration and
    Title Transfers on this site for general guidelines.

    For a new registration and title, however, you'll need to complete an Application for Certificate of Title (form HSMV 82040) or bring in the first and second stage Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin.

    Application fees for new and renewed registration and titles can be calculated using the License Plate Rate Chart. Use the sheet on page four to figure out your total charges.

    The DMV Procedures Manual also has a specific section on trailers, which you may want to check out. What you'll find there, written in sometimes-obfuscatory legal jargon, is a list of vehicle definitions and classes, as well as some exceptions to the general rules.

    It all boils down to the following:

    • Register and title your motor home and RV in the same manner as you would your regular car.
    • Titles are not required for slide-in campers, modular homes, add-a-rooms, port-a-rooms, and trailers weighing less than 2,000 lbs.
    • Your original title (prepared by the manufacturer or dealer) should show the classification of your vehicle, according to the definitions provided in the document.
    • If you have a vehicle that has undergone a conversion, you'll need to supply the vehicle identification number (VIN) of the second stage on the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO).
    • You can apply for a "title only" on an RV if you supply an affidavit stating that the vehicle is in "dead storage" and won't be used until it's properly registered.
    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.