Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost CDL in Florida

    Compare Commercial Vehicle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    Lost or Stolen

    If your Florida commercial driver license (CDL) is lost, stolen, or destroyed, you'll need to apply for a duplicate license in person at your local driver license office. Be prepared to show valid documents (usually a birth certificate and Social Security card) that prove your identity, and pay $25.

    Notifying the police is not necessary in the case of lost or destroyed licenses. However, if your license was stolen and you do file a police report, the duplicate license fee will be waived.

    Updating Information

    Even if your license hasn't been lost or stolen, you may need to apply for a duplicate if you change your address or name, or if the information printed on your license is incorrect. Simply follow the same steps as listed above to receive a replacement. Duplicate CDLs are not obtainable online or by phone or mail at this time.

    For information on replacing non-commercial Florida driver licenses, see our pages on replacing a lost license and changing your address.

    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctors first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More about Organ Donation ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸