Online Services in Florida
In Florida, you have plenty of options when it comes to online driver and vehicle services. This means you can spend less time standing in line and more time soaking in the sun.
Online Vehicle Services in Florida
When dealing with vehicle-related tasks, you can use the online services provided either by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) OR a private vendor. Though it may mean spending a few more dollars, going through a third party could ultimately save you a lot of time.
FLHSMV Online Vehicle Services
Using the FLHSMV's online services, you'll never have to leave home to:
- Renew vehicle tags and registration.
- Replace vehicle registration.
- Order VIN checks.
- Search available vanity plates.
- Print a duplicate title.
- File an accident report.
- Renew a disabled placard.
Vehicle Services Through Private Companies
A third-party company can assist you with the following vehicle services:
- Select car insurance.
- Compare all of the rates and plans of the auto insurance providers in your area so you can make a decision with confidence.
- Choose motorcycle insurance.
- Before making a final decision, make sure you've researched all of your motorcycle insurance options. Your bike and budget will thank you.
- Vehicle registration renewal.
- A private vendor will make sure your registration's renewed on time, and even provide you with a free replacement if you misplace the original.
- Vehicle history report (VHR).
- Extended warranty.
- Investing in an extended vehicle warranty will give you one less things to worry about while you're on the road.
FL License & Record Online Assistance
From ordering driving records to renewing your Florida ID card, you can complete many record and license-related jobs online. Depending on the assistance you need and how soon you'd like results, you may opt to use the online services either provided by the FLHSMV OR a third-party vendor.
FLHSMV License and Record Services
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles' online services can help you with:
- ID card and driver's license:
- Change of address.
- Looking up a minor's driving history.
- Status check of new license or ID card.
- Update your Social Security number.
- Commercial driver self-certification.
Third Party Online Services
A private vendor can also help you with Florida license and record requests for things like:
- Driving records.
- A third party can deliver the personal and professional driving records you need, in a quick and customer-friendly fashion.
- Background checks.
- For your own personal well-being and that of your business, run background checks on all your potential hires.
- Court records.
- Get information about past court cases without dealing with the hassles of a state agency.
- Vital records.
- A private company is your one-stop-shop for all types of vital record requests (birth, death, marriage, divorce).
- Official name change.
- With one request, a private vendor can change your name across several government agency databases.
- International Driver's Permit (IDP).
- When driving in another country, you should be equipped with an IDP so foreign authorities can understand your driving credentials.
- Rushed passport.
- Need to leave the country in a hurry? You can rely on a third party to get your passport in time for any last-minute travel plans.
Online FL Driver's Ed
From testing for your permit to dealing with points on your record, many of your driver education needs can be met online. Consider using a private vendor for Florida Driver's Ed products like:
- Defensive driving courses and traffic school.
- License and permit:
- Online driver license prep courses for:
- Boater education classes.
- Practice tests and cheat sheets for:
Florida Legal & Traffic Ticket Assistance
When dealing with legal issues or traffic tickets, make your life less stressful by utilizing the online services provided by private vendors and the FLHSMV.
Conveniently, you can now pay your commercial traffic citations online using the services provided by the FL Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
A third-party company can give you assistance with:
- Finding a DUI attorney.
- For your best chances in court, find a DUI lawyer who's competent and right for your budget.
- Identity theft prevention.
- Consider investing in an identity protection program that's up to date on all the latest advances in technology--you'll thank yourself later.
- Paying traffic tickets.
- The days of wait times and postage are over, now that you can make traffic ticket payments online through a private company.
Miscellaneous FL Online Services
If you couldn't find what you needed above, take a look at the rest of the online services the FLHSMV offers:
- Check traffic school eligibility.
- Update vehicle insurance information.
- Create an emergency contact.
- Third party driving test locations.
- International Registration Plan services.
- International Fuel Tax Agreement portal.