Online Services in Florida
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Florida Driver’s License Testing and Educational Services
- Florida Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Florida Online Services
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Florida residents have plenty of options when it comes to online driver and vehicle services. That way you can spend less time standing in line and more time soaking in the sun.
Online Driver Services
Typically, driver services are handled through the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby FL driver license office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Check the order status of your driver's license online.
- Check your minor's driving history online.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your FL driver's license online.
- Replace a lost, stolen, or damaged driver's license online.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Renew your identification card online before it expires.
- Submit an application for a duplicate ID card online.
- Check the order status of an identification card online.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
- Add an emergency contact number in the event of an emergency.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take a FL drivers license practice test.
- Take a FL drivers permit practice test.
- Take a FL commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a FL motorcycle license practice test.
- Brush up on motorcycle safety skills by enrolling in a Florida Rider Training course.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Florida Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Florida defensive driving course if you received a traffic ticket. Check a driving school's eligibility before signing up.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Florida.
- Submit CDL self-certification.
- Check the status of your hazardous materials endorsement application.
- Complete an International Registration Plan (IRP) transaction.
- Pay a CDL traffic citation online.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
- Report the illegal use of a handicapped parking space.
- Request a traffic crash report.
- Provide emergency contact information to the state in the event of an emergency.
- Submit an address change online to the FLHSMV.
- Verify your voting status.
- Register to become an organ and tissue donor.
- Register to vote.
Online Vehicle Services
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby FL county tax collector's office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Florida.
- Renew your FL vehicle registration.
- Register for an electronically maintained title online with the FLHSMV.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Obtain a Florida license plate.
- Check the availability of a personalized license plate online.
- Learn more on FL smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Verify vehicle information using title or vehicle identification number (VIN).
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Florida that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the Sunshine State.
- Update your car insurance information online with the FLHSMV.
- Buy car insurance.
- Buy motorcycle insurance.
- Buy commercial auto insurance.
- Buy boat insurance.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Chrysler Cold Shoulders Government’s Recall Request
- Driver Signs: A Zodiac Guide to Your Road Habits
- Say Hello to Tougher Texting-While-Driving Penalties, New York!
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing