Motorcycle Registration in Florida
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 EASY STEPS
Enter Your Zip Code:
If you own a motorcycle or moped with a 50 cc or larger engine, you'll need to register it with the State of Florida and obtain regular motorcycle license plates. The registration and plates must be renewed annually. Other motorized vehicles, especially those used for off-road purposes, do not require registration.
All initial applications and renewals are processed at your local county license plate agency. Registration fees vary, depending on the type of vehicle. See the License Plate Rate Chart for more information about fees. (You will need the free Adobe Reader to download and read this PDF file.)
If you need replacements for any reason, visit your local county license plate agency with the following documents:
- Copy of the motorcycle registration certificate.
- Fees, including a $10 replacement fee, $1 decal fee, $2.50 service fee, $1 air pollution control fee, and other minor fees. (Fees may vary slightly, depending on branch agency and requirements.)
If your license plates or decal are stolen, report the theft to your local law enforcement agency. Include the information from the police report on your application for replacement and you should receive your plates or decal free of charge.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
- Would Iron Man buy rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.