Motorcycle Manual in Florida
To obtain a license to ride a motorcycle on Florida roads, you'll be required to learn the basics and be tested for general safety, emergencies, and skills. The state's Driver License Division has prepared a comprehensive manual covering all the pertinent information you need to know.
The handbook covers the following topics:
- Basic introduction, including motorcycle laws, Florida Rider Training Program (FRTP), and helmet and eyewear regulations.
- Things to know before riding, including the right gear to have, and knowing your bike and your responsibilities.
- Riding skills, including intersections, avoiding crashes, handling different surfaces, and carrying passengers.
- Physical requirements, including alcohol laws and information on fatigue.
- Licensing procedures, including knowledge and road skills tests.
Florida also offers several other manuals you may be interested in.Local Motorcycle Safety Course
Choose a County
Other Topics in This SectionCompare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
- Indian River
1. Enter Your Zip: