Motorcycle Manual in Florida
To obtain a license to ride a motorcycle on Florida roads, you'll be required to learn the basics and be tested for general safety, emergencies, and skills. The state's Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has prepared a comprehensive manual covering all the pertinent information you need to know.
The handbook covers the following topics:
- Basic introduction, including motorcycle laws, Florida Rider Training Program (FRTP), and helmet and eyewear regulations.
- Things to know before riding, including the right gear to have, and knowing your bike and your responsibilities.
- Riding skills, including intersections, avoiding crashes, handling different surfaces, and carrying passengers.
- Physical requirements, including alcohol laws and information on fatigue.
- Licensing procedures, including knowledge and road skills tests.
Florida also offers several other manuals you may be interested in.Local Motorcycle Safety Course
Choose a County
Other Topics in This SectionCompare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
- Indian River
1. Enter Your Zip: