DMV Forms in Florida

Below are common forms required for transactions with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV). You can download them free of charge if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader, and if you don't have that, it's also available as a free download.

If you do not see a form listed below, or if a form is listed as "Not available online," you must get it directly from the FL DHSMV. You can:

  • Contact the FL DHSMV by phone at: (850) 617-2000.
  • Go in person to your local DHSMV office.

Driver's License & ID Forms

Application for a Social Security Card - SS-5

Use this form to apply for a new Social Security card when you change your name.

Certification of Driving Experience of a Minor - HSMV 71143

For a parent, guardian, or other adult to certify the completion of driving hours required for a minor to apply for a license.

Driver License Records Request - HSMV 90511

Complete this form to order a copy of your driving record or someone else's record if allowed by law.

Fraud Investigation Requests - HSMV 72068

Complete this form if you are the victim of fraud or identity theft that involves your driver's license or ID.

Mature Driver Vision Test - HSMV 72119

Take this form to an eye doctor to examine your eyesight if required for license renewal of a mature driver.

Military Personnel and Dependents Affidavit and Driver License Extension Application - HSMV 73032

Form for military members, spouses, and dependents to request an extension on driver's license renewal.

Parental Consent for a Driver Application of a Minor - HSMV 71142

This form must be signed by a parent or guardian when a minor applies for a driver's license.

Report of Eye Exam - HSMV 72010

Required if you fail your vision test when applying for or renewing a driver's license or permit. Form to be completed by an eye doctor.

Title & Registration Forms

Application for High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Decal - HSMV 83027

Apply for an HOV decal for your low-emission or hybrid vehicle.

Application for Personalized License Plate - HSMV 83043

Use this form to apply for a personalized plate with a custom tag number.

Application for Registration of a Street Rod, Custom Vehicle, Horseless Carriage or Antique (Permanent) - HSMV 83045

Submit this form to permanently register an antique or custom vehicle.

Application for Salvage Title/Certificate of Desctruction - HSMV 82363

Complete this form when a vehicle is salvaged or destroyed.

Application for Vessel Duplicate Registration, Replacement Decal and Change of Classification - HSMV 87015

Use this form to request a replacement registration or decal for a boat, or to change a boat's registration classification.

Lien Satisfaction - HSMV 82260

Completed by a lienholder once your loan is paid in full.

Initial Registration Fee Exemption Affidavit - HSMV 82002

Form for military members, spouses, or their dependents to request a registration fee exemption.

Vehicle Identification Number and Odometer Verification - HSMV 82042

Required form when titling or registering out-of-state vehicles in FL.

Buying & Selling Forms

Application for Certificate of Title with/without Registration - HSMV 82040

Complete this form to title a vehicle in your name.

Motor Vehicle Power of Attorney/Odometer Disclosure - HSMV 82995

Use this form to disclose a vehicle's odometer reading on behalf of a seller. Not available online. Contact the DMV for this form.

Contact your local DHSMV

Power of Attorney for a Motor Vehicle, Mobile Home, or Vessel - HSMV 82053

Complete this form to allow someone else to sign a title transaction on your behalf. You can use the form as a buyer OR a seller, but not both.

Insurance Forms

Florida Insurance Affidavit - HSMV 83330

This form is used to certify that you have the car insurance required for vehicle registration.

Disability Forms

Application for Disabled Person Parking Permit - HSMV 83039

Application for disability parking to be completed by a physician. Form can also be used for qualified organizations to apply for a permit.

Application for Replacement License Plate, Validation Decal or Parking Permit - HSMV 83146

Submit this form to replace a lost or stolen license plate, decal, or disability parking permit.

Dealer Forms

Application for Notice of Lien/Reassignment of Lien or Notice to First Lienholder of Subsequent Lien - HSMV 82139

Used by vehicle dealers to update lien information for county tax offices.

Irrevocable Letter of Credit Mobile Home Dealer - HSMV 86058

Form signed by the bank that holds the surety bond for a mobile home dealer. One way to meet the bond requirement for dealer licensing.

Irrevocable Letter of Credit Motor Vehicle Dealer - HSMV 86057

Form signed by the bank holding the surety bond for a motor vehicle dealer. One option to fulfill the bond requirement for dealer licensing.

Motor Vehicle Title Reassignment Supplement - HSMV 82994

This form is used when reassigning ownership of a vehicle with a non-conforming or unavailable title or MCO. Not available online.

Contact your local DHSMV

Renewal Application - HSMV 86720

Use this form to renew your dealer license or change your dealer mailing address.

Surety Bond Mobile Home Dealer - HSMV 86018

Bond form required for mobile home dealer licensing.

Surety Bond Motor Vehicle Dealer - HSMV 86020

Required bond paperwork for vehicle dealer licensing.

Surety Bond Recreational Vehicle Dealer - HSMV 86019

Required bond form for RV dealer licensing.

Temporary Tag Record - HSMV 84016

Used by vehicle dealers to keep track of temporary tags issued.

Related Content

Provide Feedback

Looking for DMV Forms in Another State?