Appointments in Florida
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles offers a convenient Online Appointment Service and Information System (OASIS). OASIS enables you to schedule an appointment for a variety of services at one of their many offices.
Appointments may be scheduled for the following services:
Written Tests and Renewal Services
- Learner’s permit
- Obtain a driver’s license
- Renew Florida license
- Convert out-of-state license to Florida
- Motorcycle written test
- CDL TSA hazmat endorsement
- CDL written/endorsement tests
- Class E license
- CDL basic license
- CDL pretrip and skills test
- CDL pretrip only
- CDL skills test only
- Address or name change
- Florida identification card
- Replacement Florida license
- Obtain a license with test waiver
- Passed Learner's Permit test and need to present documents and obtain license
- Reinstate a suspended or revoked license
Please be informed that not all services are offered at every office and appointment times may not always be available through OASIS.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to the FL DMV, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.