Choose Your State
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI) and driving while intoxicated (DWI) are serious crimes in all states. If you are charged with either, you should seek professional legal help right away―before you head to court. Choose your state above to find a DUI attorney near you!
When researching lawyers, you should look for attorneys in your area who specialize in or have experience with DUI/DWI cases. Their local professional relationships and knowledge of DUI laws will be invaluable to your case.
DUI attorneys should be able to handle all cases related to DUI or DWI, including charges for:
- Refusing to take a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test.
- Driving with an open container of alcohol in your vehicle.
- Underage drinking and driving.
- Cases involving injury or death resulting from DUI.
An attorney CANNOT guarantee the outcome of your case, but he or she can advise you of the best way to handle your charges.
In many cases, your BAC results are enough to convict you. If convicted, you'll face a range of potential penalties, which vary by state, type of offense, and number of prior DWI convictions.
Penalties often include:
- Driver's license suspension or revocation.
- A fine.
- Jail, community service, and/or probation.
- Alcohol or drug education programs or treatment.
- Installation of an ignition interlock device in your vehicle.
Since DWI charges and penalties are serious, many people choose to hire a DUI attorney.
From how to plead to what penalties to expect, your lawyer can guide you through the entire court process.
Need SR-22 Insurance?
Get the cheapest SR-22 Insurance rate comparing multiple providers.Call (315) 804-6915 for a Quote
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Washington DC