Driver License Prep Course
Why does this page have ads?
DMV.org delivers high quality, up-to-date information to make your interactions with your state DMV faster and easier. To keep delivering this information at no cost to you, we partner with trustworthy advertisers in relevant industries.
This topic contains state-specific information; to view it, please select the state you are interested in below.SUMMARY: Driver's License Prep CoursesKeep reading to learn more about online driver prep courses.
Driver prep courses are online video courses designed to help you prepare for the DMV driver's license written test. You can pair the course with practice tests for additional preparation.
About Online Driver Prep Video Courses
The online driver prep course is a video-based course created to help you prepare for your state DMV's written test.
The course only takes about an hour and can be combined with practice tests to help you determine if you're ready for the DMV test.
Online prep courses are perfect if you are:
- New to the state and unfamiliar with its road rules.
- A teen driver who needs a Driver's Ed refresher.
- A visual learner who benefits from video and multimedia content.
- In a hurry and only have a short period of time to study.
The online video prep course covers the topics you'll find in your state DMV's driving manual, including:
- Driver's license eligibility.
- Speed limits and other road regulations.
- Traffic signals and road signs.
- Defensive driving strategies.
- Avoiding aggressive driving and road rage.
- The risks and punishments for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI).
You'll learn state-specific information about these topics through videos and other forms of multimedia.
By combining the course with an online practice test, you can test your knowledge and be sure you're prepared for the DMV written exam.
Practice Tests with Prep Courses
Online driver prep courses use video and other visual tools to present the information that the DMV will test you on.
You can also take a practice test that includes questions similar to those on the state exam to ensure that you've really learned the material.
Practice tests are offered for a range of topics, including:
- Driver's license.
- Motorcycle license.
- Commercial driver's license (CDL).
- Road signs.
Combining an online course with a DMV practice test gives you the best possible preparation for your driver's license exam.
DMV Written Exams
In most states, you'll be required to take a written knowledge test when you:
- Apply for a learner's permit.
- Apply for driver's license, even if you have a license from another state.
- Some states waive testing requirements for licensed drivers.
Written tests cover information found in the driver's manual.
Reading and reviewing a driver's manual can be tedious, especially if you're more of a visual learner.
You can improve your preparation AND make sure you're ready for the DMV exam by taking a prep course and testing yourself with a practice test.Choose a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island